- In your left-hand side navigation, click on Mentee.
- Click the New Mentee button at the top of the screen.
- Select Create a New Contact, then enter the first and last name of the mentee.
Optional: The system can perform duplicate record checking if you choose to enter more information about the Mentee.
Select Mentoring Program (for one-to-one matches), Group Mentoring, or another program name that your agency uses. If the mentee is in the Level Up program, please select Level Up from the program drop down.
_Note: If a mentee is in more than one program, you can add the additional program involvement after the mentee’s record is set up.
Select a Case Manager
Select Initial Status for the mentee as Registering. Please note that a mentee must have a status of Waiting before he or she can be matched with an individual mentor in the software. But, for data entry purposes you must choose an initial status of Registering.
Select the appropriate Status Date from the calendar by clicking on the calendar icon. Or type in the appropriate status date in the format of 1/1/2023.
Click Save and you will be taken to the mentee record screen for this mentee.
Enter the Mentee Address.
Please note that seeing this icon next to a field anywhere in the database indicates that the field is a list where you can add additional options to the existing drop down list. By clicking the green circle, you are able to add another choice to the drop down list for the field. You will need to do this each time you add a new city, state or postal code.
11.Complete the Mentee Profile Fields.
The profile fields outlined in red are required. These fields contain information required for the grant.
Please note: Once you have completed the Date of Birth field, an Age automatically generates and once you have completed the Graduation Year field, the Grade automatically generates. You can search for mentee age range on the Mentee Search screen.
- Complete Mentee Contact Information. Please note you are able to add additional phone numbers, email addresses, etc. by clicking the Add button.
- Complete the Primary Guardian information for the mentee.
• Click on the little blue person icon at the end of the Guardian field.
• Either choose a guardian from the drop down list (could already in the system for a sibling) or click the New Guardian button, complete the First and Last Name fields, and click Save, then Select.
• Choose a Guardian Type
• Indicate whether you would like to Synchronize the mentee and guardian addresses.
Please note that Guardians have their own records in the database where additional information about the guardian (including contact information) can be added. You can go to the Guardian screen by either clicking the little person icon or from the navigation bar on the left.