Recently, the major cell phone carriers (AT&T, T-Mobile, Verizon, etc.) have implemented new policies to try to eliminate SPAM on their texting networks. Everyone is now required to go through a registration process called 10DLC.
Our 3rd party vendor for the texting integration in your database, Plivo, has provided guidance in response to the increased requirements from the cell phone carriers. Below is a checklist of what is currently needed before you can apply for 10DLC.
Please note that 10DLC registration is taking 8 weeks after you apply to receive a decision of whether or not your application has been approved. We cannot guarantee approval, however adhering to the checklist below will give you the best chance.
If after reviewing the following requirements, you do not wish to proceed with your purchased texting integration, please reach out to [email protected] to receive the amount paid for texting licenses as credit on your account.
You will need to register your Brand (organization) to be vetted as a legitimate organization who has a valid need to send text messages.
In order to register your brand, you will need to provide/reference the following:
- Tax ID Registration documentation (Form that provides your FEIN)
- A secure website that represents your business. Must include SSL certificate to support the HTTPS protocol. (Websites that have boilerplate content or templates are likely to be rejected.)
- The website must include the following pages:
– About Us
– Contact Us
– Terms & Conditions
– A website without these pages will not be considered compliant.
- Have a working phone number — preferably, the same one mentioned on your website’s contact or support page. Plivo may attempt to verify the authenticity of this phone number.
- Have a working email address — preferably, the same one mentioned on your website’s contact or support page. A personal email address from a provider like Gmail or Yahoo or one from a disposable domain is likely to result in your brand registration being rejected.
- Your mentor application must include a check box for applicants to Opt-in to texting
Once you confirm that you have all of this information, then you can proceed to your 10DLC registration: 10DLC Update in Plivo